Don’t miss a post!
- ►Enjoying your Life (118)
- ►Food (4)
- ►Getting Settled (63)
- ►Having a Family (28)
- ►Holidays (7)
- ►Interviews (12)
- ►Living after California (8)
- ►The New Me (1)
- ▼Uncategorized (29)
- "I have no words." - Americans Obsession with Beverages
- “Women in a New Land” Film Screening
- 6 Weird things we had to adjust to during our first year in the Silicon Valley
- Community College: an easy start towards an ambitious goal
- Creating an American Resume
- Driving in California - Getting Started
- Geek Guide to Silicon Valley: Part 1
- Geek Guide to Silicon Valley: Part 2
- Great Movie about the Ups and Downs of Post-docs
- Grow New Roots and Blossom: A support group for trailing wives
- Halloween (2014)
- How to Buy a House in Silicon Valley - Part One
- How to Buy a House in the Silicon Valley - Part Two
- Introducing Jessica!
- Introducing Natasha!
- Introducing Nicoletta!
- Nine Lives Foundation: Animal Lovers wanted!
- Please welcome Felicity!
- Please Welcome Linda!
- Resources at Stanford's Career and Development Center
- Say Hello to Michelle!
- Starting All Over Again - Pregnant and Moving to the USA - A Four Part Series
- Thanksgiving: An American Tradition
- There's an app for that...in the Silicon Valley
- Top 5: Marine animals and where to spot them
- Welcome Alice!
- Welcome Chris! A new blogger joins the team
- What does Skype mean to you?
- Who's Helping Whom? A tale of finding unexpected opportunities, through volunteering.
- ►Working & Volunteering (40)
Other people living abroad
Author Archives: admin
Easter, together with Christmas, is one of the most important Catholic festivities. During the Easter Holy Week, Catholics celebrate Jesus Christ’s Death and Resurrection. It is celebrated during the first Spring full-moon Sunday, and therefore its date changes every year. … Continue reading
Introduction I found out that I was pregnant in the same week that my husband found out he got a travel grant (Rubicon; NWO) from the Netherlands. This is a grant which allows you to perform research and gain experience … Continue reading
While you are here don’t forget to advantage of all the sightseeing the US has to offer. You will find traveling around the US is a bit like traveling around Europe in the sense that customs, dialect, food and music can … Continue reading
Looking back at my first 18 months in Silicon Valley, here are a few things which had an incredible impact on our life-style. It actually took a while to figure out what they were, but I can now make an (almost) complete … Continue reading
What is it like to work in a Silicon Valley start-up? I have been working in a tech startup for over a year now and this is my story. In August 2013 my wife and I moved into the Bay Area after she … Continue reading