Holidays and Visas… don’t forget your signature!

Valid travel signature visa

Valid travel signature visa

This summer, you are maybe planning to travel abroad, either to your country or elsewhere. This is great!

But great holidays can soon become a nightmare when you are not well prepared… especially, if you have forgotten to get a valid travel signature on your DS-2019 (J-1 visas and dependents) or I-20 (F-1 visas and dependents). This omission can make your re-entry in the U.S. very complicated.

What is a valid travel signature?

A travel signature on your DS-2019 or I-20 is only provided by authorized advisors and will allow you to re-enter the U.S. after travel abroad.

Where to get it?

For Stanford students/scholars and dependents, on a F or J program, the authorized advisor will be the I-Center. Student/scholars sponsored by other program sponsors such as Fulbright or LASPAU, must contact those sponsors to obtain the required travel signature.


Before planning your trip, it is always good to check with your local consulate or the dedicated resource center. Some visas do have special differences and some people are not allowed to travel during the program lenght.

For Stanford people, you can find lots of useful info on the I-center website, where they have a special Travel & Re-Entry page.

Now that you are ready to go, I wish you all the best for your summer and please, share your travel stories with us!
Enjoy your summer!


This entry was posted in Leisure & Destinations, Transport and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.