Ladies, GABA is having another Women in Business Networking event on 31 March 2011:
Eat, Pray, Love: the Formula for Women-Owned Business Success
Time: 06:00 PM – 09:00 PM
Location: Mindjet Corporation Koshland Building 1160 Battery Street 4th Floor (@ Union Street) San Francisco, CA
Cost: GABA members $15, non-members $25, $40 at the door
You can use the Stanford Wives Promo Code GABA12 which will give you a 6 Dollar discount on the non-members category.
This should be an interesting topic with many great speakers. For more information please see the GABA registration website.
Women are still under-represented among business founders, particularly in high-tech and in other high-growth fields, despite their majority representation at colleges and universities as well as increased participation in science and engineering.
Also, there seems to be a disconnect between opportunities and resources in equity funding for high growth women-owned/led businesses– in the US, but even more so in Europe. Some of the topics to be discussed are:
- What can we do to get more women entrepreneurs in high tech, biotech, clean tech and other high growth industries?
- How do the organizations supporting women entrepreneurs compare in the US vs. Europe? How do we learn about them in the first place?
- How effective are the different educational systems in providing and encouraging technical and business training and how can we take advantage of them more efficiently?
- How can we best take advantage of the resources available for leadership development to grow our businesses?
- How do the entrepreneurs attending today go about “Eat, pray, love” regarding all of the above?
Are you an entrepreneur, or are you thinking of starting a business? Join us for an interactive discussion about international women entrepreneurs. Everyone is welcome; please bring an experience to tell!